Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive job notices as they are posted.
Employment Opportunities 2017
Current employment opportunities include:
- Audience Service Coordinators (see below)
- Production Manager/Technical Director (see below)
- Equity Stage Manager (inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Theatre Crew (inquire at email@example.com)
Audience Service Coordinators
Festival Players is looking for three awesome people with big personalities to join our team this summer, providing top-notch service to our fantastic audience members at our box office and on-site at our performance venues.
What kind of person are we looking for? You’re an outgoing, chatty conversationalist. You’re an initiative-taking, resourceful problem solver. You want to be part of a team that supports each other and has fun together. And you’re comfortable making judgment calls and thinking on the fly.
Your job is to show your love for live theatre and the County through fun, friendly interactions with the public. Some days you’ll be a box office rep. Other days you’ll run the front of house at the performance site. You’ll answer questions about the Festival Players season, facilitate ticket sales and donations, welcome people at the shows, work with an amazing team of volunteers to provide audience services at the performance site, and be the manager on duty using your good judgment to solve problems. It’s a big fun job where you might do anything from public speaking to counting money, from making small talk with strangers to enacting the bad weather back up plan.
Drop us a line if this sounds like fun to you – we’ve got full-time employment on offer during the months of July and August with casual hours starting as soon as May 1st. Here are the details:
- Students and non-students are welcome to apply. We anticipate that at least one position will be funded through a student employment program.
- Must be willing to work a variety of hours including daytime, evenings and weekends throughout the summer.
- The employees will work primarily in Wellington but may require travel to various locations throughout Prince Edward County; personal vehicle or access to transportation is an asset.
- The position may require light bar tending duties; Smart Serve is an asset.
- Must have high learning agility when it comes to technology and be comfortable working in the cloud.
- Compensation is $14/hour
Please email Julianne Snepsts at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include a resume detailing your previous work experience, and a cover letter that tells me why you think this job is a great fit for you! There is no application deadline – We will continue to receive applications until we find the right people and will remove this posting when the positions are filled.
Production Manager/Technical Director
Festival Players is looking for a resourceful, creative, motivated theatre production professional to join our team this summer, planning and supervising all the production and technical elements to help make our director’s vision come to life!
What kind of person are we looking for? You rise to a challenge and want to be part of building something new and exciting. You are happy managing schedules, budgets and people, but are equally comfortable jumping in and helping on a build, hang or install. You’re a creative problem solver and you bring a positive energy to the team.
What do we need you to do?
- Develop and implement – through consultation with suppliers, architects and landscapers if necessary – the site plan for a new outdoor performance location;
- Planning, executing and overseeing the staffing and operations of production activities including construction, installation, running and strike of all site and venue infrastructure and equipment necessary for the efficient operation of performance and public spaces;
- Work with the Managing Director/Producer and the Consulting Artistic Director to finalize and manage the production budget;
- Verify or create cost estimates, and authorize spending for all production-related costs including sets, props, lights, sound, and site set up for each of the Festival Players’ activities;
- Create and maintain an up-to-date Production Calendar for the season which includes all production design and construction deadlines, as well as detailed technical schedules for each event;
- Initiate and coordinate the flow of information within the production department and with other departments as required, including the scheduling and running of production meetings and post-mortems;
- Hire, supervise and coordinate all casual crew;
- Engage designers as directed by the Consulting Artistic Director, including negotiating fees and issuing contracts;
- Develop and implement Health and Safety policy/plans for the Festival Players’ sites, and train staff;
- Prepare post-mortem reports and update production inventory at the completion of the season.
Drop us a line if this sounds like fun to you. We’d love to hear from you.
Please email Julianne Snepsts at email@example.com to apply. Part time work will begin immediately with an escalating work load through to the end of August 2017. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from outside the Prince Edward County region – Travel/accommodations can be arranged if required. Compensation for this position is budgeted at $8000.
Festival Players welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.