Artist Housing Needed

Artist Housing Needed

One of the most significant ways you can help!

Festival Players faces a big challenge every summer; a challenge that can make or break our season plans: ARTIST HOUSING! We bring actors, directors, stage managers, designers and other theatre practitioners to the County to work and create with local artists. We need your help to find a place for these formidable artists to lay their heads.

If you have a house, a suite, or a spare room (or know someone who does…) please consider Housing an artist this summer. You would be helping us solve one of the biggest puzzles we face in putting together our season of plays.

The Details:

  • We will pay for entire, furnished, vacant houses/suites that are available in July and/or August. We wish to rent entire houses for the months of July and August at a rate that is above market value for long-term rentals, but below vacation rental rates.
  • Offers for Home Stays are most welcome. We will work with you to place an artist in your home who is a good fit. All that is required is a private bedroom, access to a washroom (preferably private), and access to a kitchen.  You do not need to feed or entertain the artist!
  • Properties in and around Wellington/Hillier are most desirable. Many artists do not have vehicles, so we look for housing near their performance site. Offers from other parts of the County are welcome but may not be suitable for some of our artists.
  • Our greatest need is for housing from early July to late August (6-8 week long stays).

What’s in it for me?

Supporters who provide complimentary Artist Housing will receive twelve tickets to Festival Players’ 2017 season, four concessions vouchers to be used at the performance site, a piece of Festival Players’ merchandise, and invitations to exclusive events including the mid-season cast meal. Your business may also be eligible for sponsor benefits if applicable. Please inquire.

To learn more about our Artist Housing program, please email Julianne Snepsts at or call 613-476-1991.